Saturday 14 September 2013

Pinkie's Autumn/Winter Catalogue bloghop!



Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!® Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping! If you have arrived here from Lisa's blog, a big hello to you.........

Now I know that this is a blog hop for the Autumn/Winter Catalogue and you probably automatically associate it with Christmas or Hallowe'en or even Thanksgiving for our American friends, but neither of the two projects I am showcasing today are any of these. My projects are "trans-seasonal" so it just goes to show how versatile Stampin' Up! products are.

When the topic (and timing) of doing this blog post came up, I had a lightbulb moment. I would use products from the new catalogue to make the gift bag for our contribution to my sister's and husband's honeymoon (her wedding was last week) as I rarely get to craft, without there being a specific event, due to time constaints, two whirlwinds for children etc, etc. In this case I managed to combine my blog post project with a real-life event - two birds, one stone springs to mind! 

I just loved the Expressions Thinlits from the moment I saw them and had been itching to use them as soon as possible. So the "Love" expression was perfect for what I needed and as I equally loved the
Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF for short) I just had to use it on the real red banner I stuck the "Love" sentiment to.


 All that glitter's....

.... all over the floor. I used a sponge dauber and versamark ink with heat and stick powder to create the glittery spots on the bag. I had a slight mishap with the glitter though as I accidentally directed the heat gun over the loose glitter whilst I was trying to shake it over the sticky spots and it blew it all over me and all over the floor too. Note to self - heat guns blow like a hairdryer so turn off in close proximity to lots of loose glitter! Not to worry though you get so much in the little tub you would barely know I had used any of it anyway.

 I still have an ahhh moment when I look at pictures of the little bag. I love it! The products I used are:

From the Autumn/Winter Catalogue:
Mini Muslin Bags 132180Expressions Thinlits Dies 132171, Foil Sheets Silver 132178, Pretty Presents Designer Bows 132186, (Gold &) Silver Stampin' Glitter 132205, Stylish Stripes TIEF 132174

From the Annual Catalogue:
Sponge daubers 102892, Heat & Stick Powder 100625, Versamark ink 102283, Real Red cardstock 106578, Heat Tool 129054 (UK plug), 129055 (EU plug), Big Shot Magnetic Platform 130658

And so on to my next glittery offering (no accidents with this one thankfully). The day after my sister's wedding last week, there was another family gathering for one of my aunt's and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary, so actually three birds, one stone would be more appropriate ha ha.


As it is the golden anniversary I have used gold glitter and foil this time.  I stamped the background wording with the Journal wheel from the annual catalogue on both the card and the envelope and used heat and stick powder again to stick the glitter to it. The envelope is actually made out of vellum paper. The 50 is stamped using the new Morning Post Numbers set in the autumn/winter catalogue and covered in glitter too.

The products used are:

From the Autumn/Winter Catalogue:
Expressions Thinlits Dies 132171, Foil Sheets Gold132622 132178, Gold (& Silver) Stampin' Glitter 132205, Morning Post Numbers Stamp Set 131841
From the Annual Catalogue:  
Heat & Stick Powder 100625, Versamark ink 102283,  Heat Tool 129054 (UK plug), 129055 (EU plug), Shimmery White Card stock 121717, White Vellum A4 106584, Small heart punch 117193, Travel Journal Wheel 126937, Hearts a Flutter stamp set (c) 129252, Hearts a Flutter Framelits 130159, Big Shot Magnetic Platform 130658

So next stop is Nicole's blog, why don't you go and take a peek at what she has been up to? Thanks for stopping by........ 




18 comments :

  1. Gorgeous Tracy, love the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the glitters and the bow is so verry cute!
    xox
    linn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I like the glitter!
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Eveline - you get so much in the little pots too. It will definitely be a glittery Christmas this year :-)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful gift-bag and cards.
    Did you still have some glitter on you at the wedding ? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, I'm still finding glitter all over the place!! :-)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous wedding anniversary card Tracy - love it! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your projects Tracy!
    That bag is just adorable and the card is stunning...just love glitter!

    Pinkie hug,
    Caro x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Caro - pinkie hug back at you :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Love your card project! Very different to all the Christmas projects! Thanks for sharing! Xx Baz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Baz - glad you liked them :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x