Monday 13 January 2014

Simply Stars and Babies - using Stampin' Up! ® products



I had seen this scrapbook layout by Jenni Pauli months ago and had it pinned on my Scrapbook page ideas Pinterest board waiting for the opportunity to do some scrapbooking of the Bedlam Brothers' baby pictures. I never seem to find the time though - which seems to be an age old problem for everyone these days!


Then, back in October one of my friends had a baby boy and bingo that layout popped into my mind. I have been making various pictures for friends little girls and boys using the Ikea Ribba box frames for their birthdays so it wasn't just a random thought, although I do have a lot of random thoughts!! (lol). Anyways, I thought one of those with all the baby's details would be an ideal gift.



Instead of using circle punches though I cut out the stars that I had stamped from the Simply Stars set - by hand!! Actually it didn't take that long really.

First I stamped Gorgeous Grunge and Simply Stars over Whisper White background sheet and then I mounted the baby picture onto Whisper White and Crumb cake card stock and shaped the file tabs using the envelope punch board. The baby's details are printed in Island Indigo beside the baby picture but I have masked them out of my photo.

My friend loved it so much, she asked me to make her one for her older son too!



I forgot to take photos with my camera but hopefully you can see the detail from the phone pictures above.

For these pictures you will need:

Card Stock: 9 x 9" Soft Sky, 8 x 8" Whisper White for the background. Whisper White, Crumb cake for the file tab panels.

Stamp sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Simply Stars

Ink Pads: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x