Monday 20 January 2014

You're My Hero MDS - using Stampin' Up! ® products

So what do you do when you need to make a birthday card for a little boy and you realise you never got round to ordering that stamp set that is perfect for little boy cards?

MDS to the rescue (pun intended!). I bought and downloaded the You're My Hero digital stamp set, opened up MDS and selected the Fire engine image, then printed it out. All I had to do then was colour and cut it out and quickly make this spinner card. It only took around 30 minutes to do all of that! Impressed? I certainly was.

For those of you who may not know, MDS stands for My Digital Studio and is Stampin' Up!'s digital design software that you can buy. It includes a great set of stamps, punches, background papers, embellishments out of the box and you can also buy extra ones as you go. Stampin' Up! release new downloads every Tuesday - you can take a look here.

.

My husband told me I should text my friend with instructions on how the card works. Needless to say I didn't but her little boy had it figured out in no time anyway! 


For this card you will need:

Stamp Set: You're My Hero (either physical or MDS)
Inks: Staz on Black, Real Red Marker pen
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Gray
Punches; Chevron Background punch and Word Window

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x