Wednesday 26 February 2014

Simply Sketched meets Watercolour Background - using Stampin' Up! ® products

Following on from Monday's post with the two Butterfly watercolour cards, I have another card today, using a watercolour background I did at the same time.

And guess what?  Friday's post will also be a watercolour background. I got a bit carried away maybe, but I was having fun! I hope you like today's offering:

Stampin Up Off the Grid Simply Sketched On Film Tracy May

I water coloured the background using the same 3 colours as previously - Soft Sky, Pool Party and Marina Mist. Once dry I over-stamped with the Off the Grid stamp and then stamped the Poppy from Simply Sketched (Hostess only set, available in wood and clear) using StazOn White ink. I then water coloured the poppy using Real Red. I cut out the frame using the polaroid type framelit from the On Film Framelits set. The sentiment is also from Simply Sketched which is attached to the frame using an Essentials Hardware Clip. The image is mounted onto a Coastal Cabana card base. 

Stampin Up Off the Grid Simply Sketched On Film Tracy May

I hope you like it. The watercolour backgrounds are so easy to create with re-inkers and the aqua painters

I'll be back Friday with the last watercolour in this mini-series.










3 comments :

  1. Love this card! Just had to CASE it for someone special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you for your comment. Glad you liked the card enough to CASE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy I have just found this card while scrolling through a search on Pinterest.
    It is stunning!!!
    Totally love the colours, so gentle & refreshing with such a restful feel to it. I think I have fallen in love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x