Wednesday 5 March 2014

Confetti/Shaker Card - using Stampin' Up! ® products

Do you remember those cards I made recently, that I hand stitched? You know, these ones?

As much I quite enjoyed the whole process of paper-piercing and then hand-stitching them, they did take a tad too long. And I had been mulling over the idea of getting a little sewing machine anyway, and learning how to make things with it, but then decided not to. Er ...well last week, on a bit of a whim (I do get these whims from time to time!) I decided I was going to buy a tiny single stitch setting machine, so off I headed off to the local craft shop and well bought myself a light weight sewing machine, which has 12 programmed stitches! Not exactly what I went in to buy but I am actually really pleased with it. When the Bedlam Brothers were safely tearing around a sports hall at a birthday party on Saturday, with my other half, it was the ideal opportunity to get the machine out and have a play.

After a few practices on non SU card stock and retired DSP, I felt confident enough to give it a go. Here's what I came up with.

stampin up  Hearts Just Sayin Word Bubble Tracy May

I stitched a piece of the Silver Fancy Foil Vellum over a piece of Watercolour Wonder DSP. I had a bag full of punched out and die cut shapes that are left overs from other cards so I stuck a handful of those in before I stitched the final edge.  They include small hearts, bitty butterflies, and an arrow from the On Film Framelits set. 

I think I was inspired by this card I saw on the Stampin' Up! US site. I pinned it after I made the card.  Also I have been wanting to make a shaker/confetti card for a while now and that was also on my mind too. 


Stampin up  Hearts Just Sayin Word Bubble Tracy May

In addition to the items listed above you will also need:

Card stock: Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate
Stamp Set/Framelits: Just Sayin & Word Bubbles Bundle (clear or wood)
Ink: Versamark,
Other: White Embossing powder, Scallop TIEF, Silver button and Baker's twine from the Happenings Simply Created Card Kit





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x