Monday 3 March 2014

Off the Grid with a Spiral Rose - using Stampin' Up! ® products

I've been trying to get more organised since the new year. It was one of my resolutions. So far it's happening in fits and starts. One of the areas in dire need of sorting out was my crafting space, which has taken over two corners of my dining room. So I recently bought a DVD holder to store my Stampin' Up! Clear stamp sets in. They were piled high one on top of another and it was getting difficult to extract a set from the bottom of the pile, without the other tumbling down. Anyway, once assembled and all the stamp sets neatly stored, there was (glaringly) one empty space left. Hmm - calls for a new stamp set me thinks, be rude not to wouldn't it?

Anyway long story short, I ordered a new stamp set gleefully ha ha. A few days later Everything Eleanor arrives - only one problem. It's in two cases!! Doh!!! I should have paid more attention to the detail!!

Nevermind, I love it! And I'm sure I will end up with another DVD holder at some point anyway! Te he!!

And here is the result of my first play with the set. I used the gift box template I had come up with here. It's based on the one from the Annual catalogue, page 36.

Stampin Up Off the Grid Spiral Rose Everything Eleanor Tracy May

I have had the idea of a swirl in the middle of the Off the Grid stamp, ever since I first laid eyes on it but hadn't got the swirl stamp until now to give it a go. I'm really happy with the result. The addition of the pearls was an idea from INKsationalDesign, from when I posted a picture on Instagram. I wasn't sure about the colour of the embossed swirl, but I think the addition of the pearls lifts it.

I have seen the two tone flowers made from the Spiral Flower die a few times now on Pinterest, but here is a tutorial on how to make them from a fabulous fellow Pinkie Traci Cornelius. 

To emboss the swirl I first covered the stamp with Versamark ink then Real Red on top. When you stamp onto the card stock the Versamark is the top layer and so the clear embossing powder sticks to that. Once you heat and the clear powder melts you can see the Real Red colour underneath. Clever huh? 

For this project you will need:

Stamps: Everything Eleanor clear or wood, Off the Grid (wood only)
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Real Red (Brights) and Crumb Cake (Neutrals) Core'dinations

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x