Friday 7 February 2014

Sale-a-bration Collage Picture - using Stampin' Up! ® products

I hadn't planned this week's blog posts to all be pictures, but as Monday's and Wednesday's posts were, I thought it would be nice for today's to also be a picture.

The project I am about to show you is an up-cycled, up-cycle project. By that I mean, I have taken an up-cycled project I did last year, and up-cycled it again.

Last year I up-cycled a wooden tray, which had contained dried fruits, because it was an unusual shape. I had decorated it with the Sale-a-bration DSP and some stamps and embellishments from the Spring/Summer 2013 catalogue.


I loved it, and it was displayed on top of the redundant fireplace for all to see. So why change it? Well needs must unfortunately. After sitting ignored and undisturbed for months, my youngest son decided one day for no apparent reason, that he wanted to pick all the letters off one by one and left a tattered mess behind him. Oh the joys of the terrible twos! Bless him, he isn't a Bedlam Brother for no reason!!

I thought it would be nice to update the frame with this year's Sale-a-bration DSP and embellishments from the current Spring/Summer catalogue. So this is what the frame looks like now. You will have spotted it amongst the display from the picture on Monday's blog post.


I decorated using colours and card-stock that co-ordinates with the SAB DSP Sweet Sorbet. For the central picture (in the star) I cut out a Starburst circle from Pool Party using the Starburst Framelits.



From Top left clockwise: Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding flowers made using the Flower Spiral die, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party Banners from Banner Blast SAB stamp set punched out with the Banner Punch, including Summer Starfruit SAB Baker's Twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack, Pistachio Pudding film frame from the On Film Framelits and finally a Sahara Sand Scallop Tag made using the Tag Topper punch embellished with Gold Baker's Twine.
Who knows, maybe this will become an annual tradition?

To recreate a similar project, you would need:
SAB Free Items:
DSP - Sweet Sorbet DSP, Banner Blast Stamp set, Banner Punch, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack,

Spring/Summer Catalogue:
On Film Framelits
Scallop Tag Topper Punch
Spiral Flower Originals Die
Starburst Framelits

Annual Catalogue:
Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White Card Stock
Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party Ink Pads

I hope you've enjoyed my mini series of home decor/picture projects this week. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the Pinkies Spring/Summer Catalogue Blog hop. I haven't done a picture but I'm sure you'll love the project I have made.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x