Monday 7 April 2014

Vintage Beautifully Baroque - using Stampin' Up! ® products

Good morning everyone. Today is the first day of the school Easter holidays for us here in London and I will be off out and about all holiday keeping the Bedlam Brothers entertained.

Last week I was playing around with more backgrounds, some of them watercolour, some of them not. Today's project is one of the non-watercolour backgrounds I came up with. This is the second version though. The first one I was trying for shabby chic but ended up with just shabby! Lol.

Stampin Up Vintage Beautifully Baroque Tracy May Card making ideas


I lightly sanded a piece of Bermuda Bay Core-dinations card stock from the Brights Core-dinations collection. I then stamped Beautifully Baroque (wood only) and the swirls from Everything Eleanor (available in wood or clear) in Tsukineko's Encore Metallic Gold from the Spring/Summer Catalogue. I adhered the mat to a Crumb Cake card blank.

Stampin Up Vintage Beautifully Baroque Tracy May Card making ideas


To decorate the card, I layered a piece of 7/8" Cotton Ribbon sponged with the gold ink, under some Gold Baker's Twine. I then stamped "hello" (from Happy Day available in wood or clear) in Bermuda Bay ink onto a piece of Crumb Cake and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch and layered this on top. I finished off with a flower from Petite Petals stamped in Gold onto Bermuda Bay card stock. I punched the flower out with the co-ordinating punch. The Petite Petals punch and stamps are available as a bundle in wood or clear.

I hope you like today's project. Its a bit different from my usual style but I love how its turned out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x