Monday 5 May 2014

Birthday Cards for kids using Stampin' Up! Simply Gorgeous stamps

Good morning everyone. Hope you have had a wonderful weekend and are still having a wonderful weekend if you are in the UK. The weather has been great, which is unusual for a May bank holiday in the UK!

Well today's post is a bright and cheery card I made for a bright and cheery little boy's 5th birthday. For his Christmas present, I had made him one of my homemade gifts of a box frame, which had his name with stars surrounding it. I had mentioned these pictures back in February, with the intention of blogging about them, but it seems to have completely slipped my mind, so I will be posting a picture of the one I am making for my own son's birthday on Wednesday.

Anyways, I had wanted to make this little boy a similar birthday card to the Christmas present and this is what I came up with! It's using the same primary colours scheme red, yellow and blue aka Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point!


Stampin up Simply Stars and Gorgeous Grunge chevron punch Tracy May card making ideas

I even stamped the inside for once.

Stampin up Simply Stars and Gorgeous Grunge chevron punch Tracy May card making ideas

I didn't make the gift for the birthday present unfortunately, but I did jazz up the gift wrap using the Tag a Bag Accessory Kit, and tied it in to the card by using a star from the Simply Stars set.

Stampin up tag a bag accessory kit Tracy May gift ideas
Stampin up tag a bag accessory kit Tracy May gift ideas


I hope you have enjoyed today's project. Yesterday I was browsing through one of the Pinkie team Facebook pages and came across this card made by one of my team mates Paula. It's uncanny, how similar our cards are so just had to share it with you. She made her card for a 50 year old male. Goes to show how versatile these stamp sets are!

For the card and gift embellishments you will need:

Stamps: Simply Stars wood or clear, Gorgeous Grunge wood or clear
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red
Embellishments: Tag a Bag Accessory Kit

Thanks for stopping by. Pop over and say hi to Paula too! See you Wednesday 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x