Wednesday 5 February 2014

Papillon Potpourri Gift Picture Frames - using Stampin' Up! ® products

I love that you can use the Stampin' Up! products to make gifts and home decor items, as well as cards!

Ever since I bought the Papillon Potpourri stamp set I have been using it to make gift picture frames for my friends' little girls birthdays. They started off, very simple with just the butterflies, like this early one on Pinterest. I then added the name using the Morning Post Alphabet stamp and stamping the name directly onto the background, like this one.

Then I bought the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies and they evolved again! I love the Bigz alphabet. I also do a boys version of these gifts using the Simply Stars stamp set (but that will be another blog post).

stampin up papillon potpourri elegant butterfly bitty butterfly Tracy May Alphabet bigz


I used Rose Red and Wisteria Wonder as the colour scheme for the one above.  I stamped the butterflies onto the background card stock. Then I stamped and heat embossed the butterflies in white onto the coloured card and punched them out to stick over the top of the stamped images. I raised the wings to give a 3D effect. I also punched out two little flowers to stick on the letters, embellished with a pearl in the centre.

stampin up papillon potpourri elegant butterfly bitty butterfly alphabet bigz

This one is Pear Pizazz and Blushing Bride, which is becoming one of my favourite colour combinations. This time I punched the butterfly out of coloured card stock and stuck that on the background. I then stamped the butterflies onto Whisper White and punched them out to stick over the coloured ones. Again I lifted the wings for the 3D effect. I finished off with one little flower in Early Espresso, embellished with a pearl in the centre. 

Everyone has loved these gifts, which makes me want to keep on making them. 

For these projects you will need:

Stamps: Papillon Potpourri
Inks: Rose Red, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rose Red, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz, Blushing Bride
Other: Bitty Butterfly Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Typeset Alphabet Bigz, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Pearls

Don't forget about Sale-a-bration. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x