Friday 14 February 2014

Spiral Spins - using Stampin' Up! ® products

Happy Valentine's day. I think I over did it on Valentine's cards a few weeks ago, so today's post is completely unrelated to Valentine's day.

Today I am sharing some cards I made using the Spiral Spins stamp set from the new Spring/Summer Catalogue. I was drawn to this stamp set immediately as it reminded me of spirographs from childhood.

I made the first card for my swaps for a Pinkies* training event I went to at the end of January. I brayered the strip of Soft Sky, masking off the rest of the card front with two large sticky notes.



The sentiment is from Happy Congratulations, also in the Spring/Summer Catalogue. I think it has to be one of my favourite sentiments. It's such a nice thing to wish someone, don't you think?

I made 22 in total, it took a couple of evenings to complete and I was cursing myself for the brayering, but I am so pleased I persevered, as I love the cards.

I then got to playing with the stamp set again and came up with the two designs below.


I heat embossed the spirals with Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and White embossing powders.


I love the vibrant Brights for this card - Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.


For these projects you would need:

Stamps: Spiral Spins, Happy Congratulations, Starburst Sayings
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red & Soft Sky (flowers on top card)
Ink pads: (top card) Soft Sky, Real Red, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, (middle card) Versamark, Staz On, (bottom card) Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo
Tools: Starburst Framelits
Embellishments: (top card) 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Real Red), Rhinestones




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x