Friday 25 October 2013

We've all gone Batty! using Stampin' Up! ® products

I don't usually celebrate Hallowe'en but I thought this year, as Regan is a little bit older, it might be nice to do something with the boys and had planned to make some Hallowe'en themed gifts.

As it is half term next week, we also have some playdates lined up and I thought it would be nice to give some Hallowe'en gifts. I found "fangs" in the sweetie aisle of the local supermarket and that lead to the idea to make vampire themed gift packaging .... and so Batty was born. He's such a cutie even if I do say so myself!




He was super easy to make - just a little box from Basic Black Card stock with an oval cut out for his mouth. I cut out an oval in Whisper White and drew the fangs freehand, before cutting out with my paper snips. I made his ears out of ovals of Basic Black, scored down the middle and folded over at the ends to make them look a bit raggedy. For his wings I shaped a strip of basic black card stock with a variety of circle punches and the paper snips. I also scored folds into the wings with the stylus from the Simply Scored Scoring tool.

His eyes are made from circles of Daffodil Delight, sponged on the bottom with Tangerine Tango and finished off with pupils of Basic Black.

And here's the little fellow with the bag of  fangs sweets inside.


Well I had better get busy making him some buddies for next week.

Products used:

Basic Black card stock ( 121688), Whisper White card stock (106549), Daffodil Delight Card Stock (121680), Extra Large Oval punch (119859), 1" Circle punch (119868), Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' pad (126946)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x