Friday 28 February 2014

Watercolour On Film - using Stampin' Up! ® products

If you've visited my blog on Monday and Wednesday this week, you will know that I have been posting some cards that I have made using a watercolour background. Today's card is the final one in this mini series.

I made it for a very good customer. She's a lovely lady and comes to my class regularly and just happened to mention when her birthday was in January's class. I know she likes clean and simple cards with a bit of bling.

As with the other cards, I started off with a watercolour background using  Soft Sky, Pool Party and Marina Mist re-inkers and my aqua painters. I painted a splodge (for want of a better word) in the middle of a Shimmery White card layer. I cut out the film negative using the On Film Framelits. Once the watercolour background was dried I inked up a small section of the Swallowtail stamp (available in clear and wood) with an Island Indigo marker (part of the Regals Stampin' Marker set) using the film negative as a guide.

Stampin Up Swallowtail On Film Framelits Tracy May

I stamped the sentiment in StazOn Black. I finished off with a button from the Subtles Designer Buttons collection, some Linen Thread and some Rhinestones. I mounted it onto a Strawberry Slush card blank

Stampin Up Swallowtail On Film Framelits Tracy May

I love the way the watercolour wash shows around the edges of the film negative.

Well that's it on the watercolour backgrounds, well at least for the time being. It's a technique I love so I'm sure I will be dabbling with it again in the future. 

We're about half way through Sale-a-bration now. Don't forget you've got until March 31st.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x