Sunday 11 August 2013

Six-Sided Sampler

I have been out and about all week with the boys to keep them entertained over the school holidays. I think I may have arranged a few too many things to do though. On the plus side my eldest son has been so much better behaved. When I told him how good he was being his response was not a surprise (this time). He said that he was being good because we weren't at home!

He has told me on a few other occassions that he has made the decision to be naughty when we are at home. The first time I was shocked as I hadn't realised that such a young child was capable of making the decision to misbehave - he's only 4. I had just assumed that bad behaviour was a result of boredom/tiredness/hunger etc. Oh no not so with my son! Days at home are complete bedlam!!


Anyway, I did manage to have a play with one of my more recent stamp sets and co-ordinating punches.

Stampin Up Six Sided Sampler demonstrator Tracy May card making

In the end I settled on punching out some of the 2013-2015 In-colours DSP from some scraps I had left over from covering the notebooks for the teachers gifts. I had a play around with my paper piercing templates as well and pierced around some of the hexagons and in between others. For the sentiment down the side I used my stamp-a-majig and Burnt Brown Sugar marker pens. I love using the markers on stamps.

So for this card I used:

Six-sided Sampler stamp set, Burnt Brown Sugar Ink pad and Marker pen, Whisper White and Burnt Brown Sugar card stock, Hexagon punch, In-colours 2013-2015 DSP.

If you would like to order any of the products used or would like more information about becoming a demontrator or hosting your own Stampin' Up! party please don't hesitate to contact me on 07788746908 or tracyj.may71@gmail.com.

We were at a party earlier today at the house of the parents of friends. My husband took my eldest son to the bathroom, which had a series of old black and white photographs of the local area on the wall. When he told my son they had been taken a long time ago, my son wanted to know who took them - was it a burglar?! Bless he still thinks quite literally about certain things.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x