Sunday 4 August 2013

The Gift unveiled

Well I finally managed to catch up with my friend and give her her belated birthday present. She loved it I'm pleased to say. I had made her a set of 8 cards (4 birthday and 4 thank you cards) and a decorated candle.

For her birthday card I was inspired by a fellow Pinkie Vicky Hayes aka Crafting Clare and a card she made. Click here to see her original. For my card I used the Blooming with Kindness Stamp Set again.
 Stampin Up blooming with kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May


I followed the same colour scheme for the cards and candle as I did for the birthday card and gift packaging, which is primarily Bermuda Bay with a touch of Coastal Cabana and a hint of Soft Sky.

I used a technique on these two cards that I learned at a Stampin' Up! event in Telford in May.  Another Pinkie, Lynne Fahey, got up on stage and demonstrated the technique of using the acrylic stampin blocks to make backgrounds by inking them up with ink pads, markers and reinkers. For the following cards I used the Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Soft Sky ink pads.

Stampin Up card making demonstrator Tracy May best of flowers
 This one uses the Best of Flowers stamp set and is my friend's favourite. I also made another version but as a Thank You card.
Stampin Up blooming with kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May
Lynne has a tutorial on her blog for this technique, which you can find by clicking here.

The Pinkies are a very talented bunch and if you are interested in joining our team, then please don't hesitate to call me for more information.

Stampin Up blooming with kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May
I think this one is my favourite. Or maybe the one below - I just love the simplicity of them. 

Stampin Up best of flowers gift ideas card making Tracy May

Stampin Up best of flowers gift ideas card making Tracy May

Stampin Up Blooming with Kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May

Stampin Up Blooming with Kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May
And finally the candle....

Stampin Up Blooming with Kindness gift ideas card making Tracy May

I have developed my own technique for the candles, which is very simple, although I'm sure there are lots of people who do the same. After stamping on tissue paper and cutting it out, I wrap the image around the candle under a layer of greaseproof/baking paper. I then heat it with a heat gun until I see the wax melting and the image starting to get wet. I then smooth over the baking paper with a cloth (so I don't burn my fingers) to gently push the tissue paper further into the candle. Rotate and repeat until you've completed the entire image.

I have used the following Stampin' Up! products

Stamp sets:  Blooming with Kindness, Best of Flowers, Inks: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Soft Sky, Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay.

If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! products or would like more information about joing Stampin' Up! then please don't hesitate to contact me either by email - tracyj.may71@gmail.com or by phone 07788746908.

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful work, your friend must have been thrilled to receive such a lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eliana - thank you. She loved it :-) x

      Delete
  2. Loved all your cards Tracy. These are my favourite colours too.Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x