Monday 19 May 2014

Eye-catching Ikat cartoon doodles with Stampin' Up! Photopolymer

Good morning everyone. I hope you had a fantastic weekend. We had beautiful weather in the UK and the Stampin' Up! UK regional event in Telford on Saturday was the highlight of the weekend. It was an amazing day of sneak peaks and presentations. My fellow pinkies (my upline's team) were very well represented that day - 3 gave presentations, 2 won awards for best newcomers in recruiting and sales and 3 of us, myself included, made displays using new product coming in June!




I was so happy to have been asked to be on the display team. I can't show you my projects until the new catalogue pre-order begins on May 30th. I can't wait to show you what I've made. I had great fun after I got over my initial "OMG WHAT am I going to make with that!" Lol!

In the meantime, I have been having some fun with the new photopolymer stamp set, which you can earn free, with orders of £60 and over! They are so easy to use - I love them!

stampin-up-uk-independent-demonstrator-Tracy-May-eye-catching-ikat-photopolymer-brights


I have seen (and bought for my boys - who am I kidding? I bought it for me really!) various kids stamp sets that you stamp a shape and then doodle a character, a bug.... anything really with a marker pen. Then my sister bought a birthday card for my youngest son, that had colourful finger prints with little monsters doodled on a handful of them. So when I opened the Eye-catching Ikat set and saw one of the shapes, I immediately thought of creating my own little cartoon doodle card.


stampin-up-uk-independent-demonstrator-Tracy-May-eye-catching-ikat-photopolymer-subtles

They were really easy to make. I simply created a grid in pencil on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then stamped different colours in different squares. Because the photopolymer stamps are completely clear it was so easy to line the shapes up. I then doodled little cartoon characters using a black marker pen. I got some ideas from a kids how to draw cartoons book and I made some of them up myself. Give it a go - it's easy and fun! I simply stamped the sentiment using the Cycle Celebrations stamp set and my stamp-a-majig.

For these cards I used:

Stamp sets: Eye-catching IKAT (free with min order), Cycle Celebrations wood or clear
Ink pads: Brights: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Subtles: Calypso Coral, Pear Pizazz, Pool Party, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, StazOn Black
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
Tools: Stamp-a-majig

I hope you've enjoyed today's project. If you're interested in more information about the regional event and would like to join me as a demonstrator so you can come to the next Stampin' Up! events, just give me a call. I am happy to have a no obligation chat with you!

Thanks for stopping by



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x