Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hand Stitched Fresh Prints - using Stampin' Up! ® products

I often make projects in between doing other things, running around after the boys, housework, dinner, life in general. I don't know if I would call it multi-tasking as that makes me sound far too organised lol!

Well last week, I was in the middle of making a thank you card using the Fresh Prints DSP and the Blossom and Pansy Punches. I had paper pierced around the Crumb Cake layer and stuck a mat of Fresh Prints Coastal Cabana spotty design DSP onto it. That was as far as I had got. After I had put the boys in bed one night, I decided to have a "quick" browse on Pinterest. One of the first cards I saw was remarkably similar to the one I was making, except it had stitching around the edges!

I likey was my immediate thought. No sewing machine was my second thought. Another row of paper-piercing was my third thought and after about an hour of hand stitching using the paper-pierced holes my card was completed.



I liked it so much I decided to make another one using the Crumb Cake spotty print on a Coastal Cabana layer. Again the hand stitching took about an hour. 


Even though I did find it quite relaxing sitting there thinking of nothing else, I do feel the purchase of a little sewing machine coming on. I love this look and have some other projects in mind too. So if anyone has any recommendations of small sewing machines that would be ideal for paper crafts then please leave me a comment below or email me direct on tracyj.may71@gmail.com.

I suppose I could have done faux stitching with a gel pen or chalk maker but that would have been too easy of course! Lol.

For these cards you will need:

Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Whisper White;
DSP: Fresh Prints DSP stack;
Stamp sets: Express Yourself (Hostess set);
Tools: Blossom Punch, Pansy Punch, Stampin' Piercer and Pierce Mat
Embellishments: In Colour Boutique Details, Neutrals Buttons, Linen Thread

I hope you liked today's projects. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x