Friday 10 January 2014

A Venetian Romance - using Stampin' Up! ® products

Continuing with the Romance theme (ok, ok, tenuous link I know), today's project is a birthday card I made for my Mum. I have been trying to overcome my aversion to cutting into sheets of DSP. I  just love, love, love, LOVE DSP and find it really hard to cut the sheets up to use, daft I know but there you go!  I now have a stack of papers sitting unused, but at least not unloved! 



I used Very Vanilla as the base to co-ordinate with the colour scheme of Venetian Romance. I popped a panel, that I paper-pierced round the edges, up on Stampin' dimensionals to give the card a bit of ....well dimension - sorry struggling to think of a better word. I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet this morning!

The design on my Mum's card was my favourite from the pack, even though it was for my mum I was still so reluctant to cut the beautiful sheet up - sorry Mum J. I steeled myself though and then carried on with making a batch of customer thank you cards too. I'm continuing my DSP cutting aversion therapy as and when I can so watch out for more projects using DSP!



I hope you like them. 


For these cards you will need:


Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White note lets, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Tangerine Tango.

DSP: Venetian Romance
Ink: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamp Sets: Sassy Salutations, Four You
Punches: Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, Decorative Label
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Candy Dots

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and saying hi x